What is a Junior Golf Grant?
Financial support for families to help their children learn to compete, develop skills, enhance core values and build lasting relationships through the game of golf
- Children must be 18 years old or younger not having entered college
- Families are residents of Greater Sacramento Area defined as a 50 mile radius of Haggin Oaks Golf Complex, located at 3645 Fulton Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95821
- Families must be “in need” of financial support to participate in junior golf tournaments and activities
- Junior golfer must have a history of actively participating in the game of golf
Each award will be based upon individual need. Eligible families will be reimbursed, to the extent of the Grant dollars awarded, and per the agreed upon golf plan** for the following expenses:
- Tournament registration fees
- Transportation to and from tournaments deemed as travel tournaments for junior golfer only
- Lodging and meal costs for junior golfer only in travel tournaments
- Golf equipment
- Golf lessons
- And other expenses as dictated by USGA rules
*MGF Grants will only reimburse expenses that are eligible under USGA and NCAA rules. Grantee and or Parents are responsible for maintaining eligibility.
**Golf Plan defined as completed and agreed upon. Golf Cost Activity Summary and Golf Grant “Wish List” completed for
***A minimum of 50% of all grants must be spent on Junior Tournaments.
Eligible Junior Tours:
- Junior Tour of Northern California (JTNC)
- Junior Golf Association of Northern California Tour (JGANC)
- The First Tee of Greater Sacramento Junior Tour
- Sacramento Golf Council Tournaments
- International Junior Golf Tour
- US Kids Tour
- Hurricane Junior Golf Tour
- Future Champions World Tour
- USGA Junior events
- AJGA Junior Tour
- Other agreed upon tournaments
STEPS TO GRANT:
- Fill out
- Eligible applicants will be scheduled for interviews
interview, all applicants will be notified as to the final determination of the Grant
MGF is stating that the Grants are only used for the appropriated purpose of reimbursement of expenses.
Applications are accepted annually from January 1 to October 31.
Morton Golf Foundation
3645 Fulton Avenue
Sacramento, Ca 95821
Attn: Rob Siebers
The Morton Golf Foundation Mission is to provide funding to programs offering a healthy outdoor recreational environment that stresses the building of lasting personal relationships while seamlessly instilling life’s core values for the youth, disabled and underserved communities of Sacramento.
The Morton Golf Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit corporation established and operated exclusively for charitable purposes. The Morton Foundation vision is to enrich the lives of the less fortunate through the game of golf.
MGF Grant Administrator